Pages

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Black and White Brownies

Sunday night was our Youth Parent/Teen Night dinner. I have a small group of girls, whom I adore, that I lead and my oldest is in Youth also, in another small group. It was great fun. We played Name That Tune, sang along as the Praise Band led us, and ate some delicious food. My husband was going as our daughter's "parent" since I  needed to be with my group of ladies. This inspired my dish for the evening. He LOVES brownies. And one of my all time favorite brownie recipes is Black and White Brownies.

I can't remember where I originally got the recipe but it calls for a brownie mix. And that's okay if you want to go that route. Sometimes simple and quick are the best way option. However my family really enjoys when I use the classic recipe from Nestle Toll House. It's usually on the side of the cocoa powder container. They make for a delicious, fudgy brownie. So good! Here is a picture of my finished product.

 
 
I'm sorry for the quality of the photo. It looks like I'm going to need a new camera if I continue with this blog idea. Ha! My current camera is a Vivitar ViviCam F332 and is being held together by duct tape. By I digress... Of course the brownies were gone by the time my table finally got our turn to go through the food lines. But that's okay because I always keep some to share with my family at home. That's one of the perks of living with the baker I guess.
 
 
 
So here is the recipe for these ooey, gooey bites of goodness. I hope you enjoy and share some with your family. And I have to share one more photo with you.
 

Look at all those chips, semi-sweet chocolate and white chocolate chips! There's almost more chips than batter. And is that a bad thing? I think not. If you wanted, you could even make it a triple chocolate chip brownie by adding dark chocolate. Doesn't that sound divine? I love dark chocolate. It's so creamy and dark. It's definitely  my favorite. Now I need to make a run to the store and make another batch. Enjoy!

  • 1 2/3 c. granulated sugar
  • 3/4 c. (1 1/2 sticks) butter, melted
  • 2 tbsp. water
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1 1/3 c. all purpose flour
  • 3/4 c. baking cocoa
  • 1/2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
Preheat oven to 350. Grease 13x9 in baking pan. Combine sugar, butter and water in large bowl. Stir in eggs and vanilla extract. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in medium bowl; stir into sugar mixture.

  • 10-12 oz. pkg. white baking pieces
  • 1 c. semisweet chocolate pieces
  • 1/4 c. butter, melted
  • 3 tbsp. hot water
  • 2 c. sifted powdered sugar
  • 1/4 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
Stir in half of the white baking pieces and all of the semisweet. Spread the batter in the prepared baking pan. This will be a thick batter. It won't seem like it's going to be enough but it will. Use your spatula or spoon to spread it out. Bake about 30 minutes or until center is set. You can use a toothpick to check if the middle is done. Sprinkle with the remaining white baking pieces; bake for 1 minute more. Cool in pan on a wire rack.

For frosting, in a small bowl combine melted butter and hot water; stir in powdered sugar, cocoa powder and vanilla. Beat by hand until smooth. Spoon over to of brownies. Cool about 1 1/2 hours or until frosting is set. Cut into bars. Makes about 36 brownies.

Many blessings from my home to yours.
Pamela


 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment